If you’ve ever wondered how some of your favorite celebrities seem to look so flawless all the time -whether they’re shopping at Whole Foods, picking up their kids from school, or attending an awards show – they likely owe their glow to chemical peels.
While they’ll never tell, everyone from Vanessa Williams and Renee Zellweger to Halle Berry and Cameron Diaz are known to be fans. And we don’t blame them. According to the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, chemical peels were in the top three minimally invasive procedures in 2015, with 1.3 million people opting for the skin revitalizing treatment.
Is a Chemical Peel for You?
Chemical peels work well for both men and women at any age and are the ideal treatment for anyone who wants to restore a more youthful, healthy glow to their skin.
Below are some of the benefits a chemical peel can offer:
- Diminishes fine lines and wrinkles: Creams, serums, and lotions can only do so much. Chemical peels offer a fast track to smoother, line-free skin.
- Fast: Sometimes referred to as the “lunchtime peel,” chemical peels require minimal downtime, i.e., you can get one and get back to your life without worrying about recovery.
- Reduced appearance of sun damage and melasma: Sun damage and melasma are two of the hardest skin concerns to treat, but chemical peels stimulate the skin to heal itself by dissolving the skin’s surface layers. Through this process, you trade damaged skin and dark spots for an even tone and a smooth appearance.
- Improves texture: Chemical peels gently exfoliate the skin, increasing cell turnover, which leads to improved texture.
- Enhances collagen growth: Through the exfoliation process brought on by chemical peels, collagen production and cell renewal are stimulated, resulting in younger-looking, healthy skin.
- Vibrant skin: One of the fastest routes to a brighter, glowing complexion is a chemical peel.
- Acne and acne scarring: A mild chemical peel can help reduce the effects of acne on the skin and even minimize blemishes themselves.
How Do They Work?
Although the word “chemical” might sound scary, fear not. Nothing is actually “peeled off.” A chemical solution is applied to the skin and works by dissolving the upper layers of the skin. As the tissue is dissolved and skin heals, new tissue emerges, and fresher, smoother skin is revealed.
The desire for smooth, healthy, vibrant skin is universal, but achieving it doesn’t have to be daunting (or seem like a lost cause). Say yes to chemical peel benefits. Trust us; you won’t be sorry you did.