Our “Mommy Makeover” is a set of cosmetic procedures that help restore your pre-pregnancy body. Pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding cause physical changes that can affect the way you feel about your body. Dr. Vagotis can help get you back into that pre-pregnancy body and those “skinny jeans” in no time! Our “Mommy Makeover” is just what you need to take that step into feeling great about your body again!
Should You Opt for Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is not only a path to a more youthful appearance. As we all know, being pregnant is wonderful, but can cause some serious, unwanted body appearance changes. You should opt for this makeover if:
- the pregnancy has negatively affected your breasts, both in terms of size or shape
- your tummy is sagging and you cannot reduce it with exercise and diet
- you are distressed about the stretch marks
- exercise and diet cannot reduce the fat on your abdomen, thighs, arms and waist
- you have a lot of fat hanging over a surgical scar from a C-section
- your breasts are out of proportion because they became too large after childbirth
- the breasts start causing you back pain because of their size
- you have early signs of aging showing around the eyes and on the face in general
Are You a Good Candidate?
Not everyone is a good candidate for our ‘Mommy Makeover’. However, the criteria here is not to strict, in the sense that everyone who has a realistic expectation and a good general health can choose this procedure.
How To Prepare for the Procedure
You will be informed of the preoperative recommendations by Dr.Vagotis. In the case of mommy makeover, there are special recommendations that you must follow to make sure that the body is ready to heal properly. Such recommendations include:
- exercise a minimum of thirty minutes every day
- minimize your alcohol consumption to less than 2 drinks weekly
- stop smoking for a minimum of 6 weeks before the surgery
- make sure that you have someone to take care of your children for at least two weeks, especially if they are babies or toddlers
- arrange for a transport to your home
- avoid taking Aspirin
- avoid anti-inflammatory medications
- do not take homeopathic regimens or vitamins that are known to increase the bleeding
Considering that this is a combined surgeries procedures, you can enjoy the benefit of having to go through a single recovery period. The recovery period will depend on the procedure you and the doctor have chosen. Still, it is recommended not to lift anything for at least 6 weeks afterwards.
Depending on body type, there are many choices in breast surgery and body contouring. After your complimentary consultation with Dr. Vagotis, you will receive a personalized recommendation tailored to your cosmetic needs.
The cost will vary depending upon the procedure(s) chosen to achieve the desired result. The consultation also includes a free cost analysis and available financing options.
If you are interested in a “Mommy Makeover,” call us today at 616-285-6400 or fill our our form.